Quick Start Guide to 3D In-Ear Mixing with KLANG:fabrik
What you need to start
- Network cable
- Dante enabled product/Dante Virtual Soundcard and Dante Controller
- or MADI/ADAT mixing console
Nice to have:
- Tablet or smartphone running KLANG:app
- WiFi router + network cable
Download: KLANG:app, Dante Controller (DC) and Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS)
Connection from Scratch
Congratulations on your very own KLANG:fabrik and welcome to the world of 3D in-ear monitoring!
To implement KLANG:fabrik into your system as fast as possible follow the few steps below:
Step 1: Plug in KLANG:fabrik
Connect a power chord to your system. KLANG:fabrik has two redundant power supplies. That means KLANG:fabrik will work fine with only one power chord connected but the second one grants you extra safety.
Also connect a headphone amplifier or your wireless In-Ear transmitter to the analog outputs OUTPUT:1.
Step 2: Control Network
You need to open a network to connect your laptop or tablet/smartphone to KLANG:fabrik. We recommend using a road-proof router with two independent WiFi networks with 2.4 & 5 GHz. Connect your router to KLANG:fabrik’s control port with an ethernet cable.
Step 3: Download KLANG:app
Go directly to the Apple AppStore to download KLANG:app for iPhone or iPad.
Find all KLANG:app versions for all operating systems here.
Step 4: Connect your Audio Source
KLANG:fabrik supports Dante/AES67, MADI (optional configuration) and optical inputs compatible to ADAT. Connect your equipment depending on your setup and use KLANG:app’s internal routing screen:
If you don’t have Dante enabled products at hand, you can also send up to 64 channels of audio via Dante Virtual Soundcard from your Mac/PC.
Step 5: Audio Routing
Visit the Dante Routing Blog for detailed routing information.
When using MADI or ADAT, connect the cables accordingly.
Use KLANG:app’s routing screen to specify your audio input to the 3D in-ear mixing system and to set the audio clock accordingly.
Step 6: Enjoy 3D mixes
Adjust the volume on OUPUT:1 and enjoy your 3D headphone mix.
Keep in mind that you can also convert between different audio protocols while using KLANG:fabrik’s 3D headphone mixes.
- KLANG:app Overview
- Updating KLANG:fabrik / KLANG:vier Operating System (KOS Update)
- Adjust the Switch Configuration Mode
- Updating Dante Firmware and Settings
- Understanding Remote Control Commands – OSC Reference Guide
- Connect mixing consoles directly to KLANG products – detailed guide.
- Automate mixing from your DAW or use your console’s faders and snapshot commands.
Input Channels vs. Number of Mixes
Read more on KLANG:fabrik’s scalable I/O configuration here.
Connection possibilities for KLANG:fabrik / KLANG:vier:
Warnings & Precautions
- To reduce the danger of electrical shock, DO NOT remove covers. There are no user serviceable parts inside KLANG products. Please refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. DO NOT handle the power cord with wet or moist hands! Class I device: Connect only to main socket outlets with protective earth. Unplug main power cord to ensure an all-pole disconnection. Keep main power socket easily accessible at all times.
- DO NOT expose this device to rain, water or other types of liquid or moisture (incl. splashing or dripping, dew or fog). Never place objects filled with liquids, such as vases, bottles or glasses on or near the device.
- Operating Temperature: 0 °C to 50 °C (32 °F to 122 °F). Avoid exposing this device to sources of heat.
- Using any audio system at high volume levels can cause permanent damage to your hearing. Set your system volume as low as possible. Avoid prolonged exposure to excessive sound pressure levels.
KLANG:quelle has been tested and found to comply with the requirements defined in: EN55103-1:2009, EN 55103-2: 2009, EN 55022:2006/CISPR 22:1997, CAN/CSA-CEI/IEC CISPR 22:02 and FCC 47 CFR, Part 15.
UL 60065, 7th Edition, Rev.: 09/21/2012; CAN/CSAC22.2 No. 60065:03 (R2012). RoHS Compliant and Pb-Free.
WEEE – Recycling
According to RL2002/96/EG (WEEE – Directive on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) electronic equipment has to be recycled and does not belong in the standard waste. If you are unsure how to recycle this product please contact us and we will recycle the device for you.
Dimensions and weight
Weight: 4.9 kg
Size (W/H/D): 44.5/9.0/23.0 cm
Front panel (width): 48.5 cm
2 rack units, gap between rack bolts (W/H): 46.5/7.5 cm.
MADE IN GERMANY
Designed and Manufactured in Germany, EU.
Thanks for reading our post. If you have any questions or remarks on any of the topics, please let us now via support@KLANG.com. Your KLANG support team.