Quick Start Guide to 3D In-Ear Mixing
What you need to start
- Computer running Dante Virtual Soundcard / Dante Controller / KLANG:app
- Network cable
- KLANG:fabrik / KLANG:vier
Nice to have:
- Tablet or smartphone running KLANG:app
- WiFi router + network cable
Connection from Scratch
Congratulations on your very own KLANG:fabrik and welcome to the world of 3D in-ear monitoring.
To implement KLANG:fabrik into your system as fast as possible follow the few steps below!
Step 1: Plug in KLANG:fabrik
Connect a power chord to your system. KLANG:fabrik has two redundant power supplies. That means KLANG:fabrik will work fine with only one power chord connected but the second one grants you extra safety.
Step 2: Control Network
You need to open a network to connect your laptop or tablet/mobile to KLANG:fabrik. We recommend using a road-proof router like e.g. Nowsonic Stage Router capable of 2,4 & 5 GHz. Connect your router with KLANG:fabrik´s control port through an ethernet cable.
Step 3: Download KLANG:app
Go directly to the Apple AppStore to download KLANG:app for iPhone or iPad.
Find all KLANG:app versions for all operating systems here.
Step 4: Connect your Remote Device to KLANG:fabrik
Make sure your tablet, smartphone or computer is in the same network (WiFi or Ethernet) as your KLANG:fabrik.
Step 5: Routing
Visit the Dante Routing Blog for detailed routing information.
When using MADI or ADAT connect the cables and use KLANG:app’s routing screen.
- Click here to get an in-depth KLANG:fabrik getting started
- Updating KLANG:fabrik / KLANG:vier Operating System (KOS Update)
- Adjust the Switch Configuration Mode
- Updating Dante Firmware and Settings
- Understanding Remote Control Commands – OSC Reference Guide
- Connect mixing consoles directly to KLANG products – detailed guide.
- Automate mixing from your DAW or use your console’s faders and snapshot commands.
Thanks for reading our post. If you have any questions or remarks on topics, please let us now via support@KLANG.com. Sincerely your KLANG support team.