Quick Start Guide to 3D In-Ear Mixing
What you need to start
- Computer running Dante Virtual Soundcard / Dante Controller / KLANG:app
- Network cable
- KLANG:fabrik / KLANG:vier
Nice to have:
- Tablet or smartphone running KLANG:app
- WiFi router + network cable
Connection from Scratch
Congratulations on your very own KLANG:fabrik and welcome to the world of 3D in-ear monitoring.
To implement KLANG:fabrik into your system as fast as possible follow the few steps below!
Step 1: Plug in KLANG:fabrik
Connect a power chord to your system. KLANG:fabrik has two redundant power supplies. That means KLANG:fabrik will work fine with only one power chord connected but the second one grants you extra safety.
Step 2: Control Network
You need to open a network to connect your laptop or tablet/mobile to KLANG:fabrik. We recommend using a road-proof router like e.g. Nowsonic Stage Router capable of 2,4 & 5 GHz. Connect your router with KLANG:fabrik´s control port through an ethernet cable.
Step 3: Download KLANG:app
Go directly to the Apple AppStore to download KLANG:app for iPhone or iPad.
Find all KLANG:app versions for all operating systems here.
Step 4: Connect your Remote Device to KLANG:fabrik
Make sure your tablet, smartphone or computer is in the same network (WiFi or Ethernet) as your KLANG:fabrik.
Step 5: Routing
Visit the Dante Routing Blog for detailed routing information.
When using MADI or ADAT connect the cables and use KLANG:app’s routing screen.
- Click here to get an in-depth KLANG:fabrik getting started
- Updating KLANG:fabrik / KLANG:vier Operating System (KOS Update)
- Adjust the Switch Configuration Mode
- Updating Dante Firmware and Settings
- Understanding Remote Control Commands – OSC Reference Guide
- Connect mixing consoles directly to KLANG products – detailed guide.
- Automate mixing from your DAW or use your console’s faders and snapshot commands.
Connection possibilities for KLANG:fabrik / KLANG:vier:
Input Channels vs. Number of Mixes
Read more on KLANG:fabrik’s scalable I/O configuration here.
Thanks for reading our post. If you have any questions or remarks on topics, please let us now via support@KLANG.com. Sincerely your KLANG support team.