Quick Start Manual to 3D In-Ear Mixing with KLANG:vier
Congratulations on your very own KLANG:vier and welcome to the world of 3D in-ear monitoring!
To implement KLANG:vier into your system as fast as possible follow the few steps below:
What you need to start
- KLANG:app – install and familiarize with the app here: KLANG:app Overview #1
- Dante Controller plus Dante enabled product/Dante Virtual Soundcard or ADAT interface
- Unpack, check and connect KLANG:vier
- Network cable
- Nice to have: Wifi router
Download: KLANG:app, Dante Controller (DC) and Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS)
Connection from Scratch
Step 1: Power up KLANG:vier
Connect a power chord to your KLANG:vier and switch the power on. The LED will turn to purple when KLANG:vier is operable.
Step 2: Control Network
You need to open a network to connect your laptop or tablet/smartphone to KLANG:fabrik. We recommend using a road-proof router with two independent WiFi networks with 2.4 & 5 GHz. Connect your router to KLANG:vier’s NET Ethernet port.
Step 3: Download KLANG:app
Go directly to the Apple AppStore to download KLANG:app for iPhone or iPad.
Find all KLANG:app versions for all operating systems here.
Step 4: Connect your audio source
KLANG:vier is able to create five 3D headphone mixes from Dante/AES 67 or ADAT signals. Dante Controller is needed to route the audio from your Dante mixing console/Dante Virtual Soundcard to KLANG:vier. Visit the Dante Routing Blog for detailed routing information.
If you don’t have any Dante enabled products, feel free to visit our Dante Blog and learn how to send audio signals with your Laptop and Dante Virtual Soundcard.
Or use optical cables and connect them to your ADAT compatible interface and KLANG:vier’s optical inputs.
If you want to use the D-Sub to XLR breakout snake, the TASCAM pinout works with KLANG:vier, except that the left channels are on even numbers and the right channels are on odd numbers instead.
If you are using the optical inputs, take a look on our ADAT to Dante feature.
Step 5: Routing
To change the internal routing (Dante or optical inputs), you need to be in Admin mode. Press and hold the CONFIG label for 3-5 seconds and select Admin. When using ADAT, connect the cables and use KLANG:app’s routing screen to route audio from optical inputs to the 3Diem sinks and set the clock source to optical inputs as well, if your console is clock master.
Step 6: Create 3D mixes
Now you can start to create awesome 3D mixes with your KLANG:app. Also keep in mind that you can send your 3D mixes from KLANG:vier to Dante (KLANG:vier as transmitter in Dante Controller) and even the ADAT compatible inputs are converted to Dante streams.
- Update KLANG:vier Operating System (KOS Update)
- Adjust the Switch Configuration Mode
- Updating Dante Firmware and Settings
- Understanding Remote Control Commands – OSC Reference Guide
- Connect mixing consoles directly to KLANG products – detailed guide.
- Automate mixing from your DAW or use your console’s faders and snapshot commands.
Warnings & Precautions
- To reduce the danger of electrical shock, DO NOT remove covers. There are no user serviceable parts inside KLANG products. Please refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. DO NOT handle the power cord with wet or moist hands! Class I device: Connect only to main socket outlets with protective earth. Unplug main power cord to ensure an all-pole disconnection. Keep main power socket easily accessible at all times.
- DO NOT expose this device to rain, water or other types of liquid or moisture (incl. splashing or dripping, dew or fog). Never place objects filled with liquids, such as vases, bottles or glasses on or near the device.
- Operating Temperature: 0 °C to 50 °C (32 °F to 122 °F). Avoid exposing this device to sources of heat.
- Using any audio system at high volume levels can cause permanent damage to your hearing. Set your system volume as low as possible. Avoid prolonged exposure to excessive sound pressure levels.
KLANG:quelle has been tested and found to comply with the requirements defined in: EN55103-1:2009, EN 55103-2: 2009, EN 55022:2006/CISPR 22:1997, CAN/CSA-CEI/IEC CISPR 22:02 and FCC 47 CFR, Part 15.
UL 60065, 7th Edition, Rev.: 09/21/2012; CAN/CSAC22.2 No. 60065:03 (R2012). RoHS Compliant and Pb-Free.
WEEE – Recycling
According to RL2002/96/EG (WEEE – Directive on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) electronic equipment has to be recycled and does not belong in the standard waste. If you are unsure how to recycle this product please contact us and we will recycle the device for you.
Dimensions and Weight KLANG:quelle 19″
Weight: 3.0 kg
Size (W/H/D): 44.5/4.5/18.5 cm
Front panel (width): 48.5 cm
1 rack unit – gap between rack bolts (W/H): 46.5/3.5 cm.
MADE IN GERMANY
Designed and Manufactured in Germany, EU.
Thanks for reading our post. If you have any questions or remarks on any of the topics, please let us now via support@KLANG.com. Your KLANG support team.