Step 1a: Formatting the microSD card
Format an SD card with several partitions
- Open Command Prompt (Windows Key + R > Then type CMD and hit ENTER)
- Type: diskpart
- Type: list disk <HIT ENTER>
- Choose the disk number corresponding to the microSD card and type e.g.:
select disk 2 <HIT ENTER>
- Type: clean <HIT ENTER> (You might need to try this again if it does not work)
- Type: create partition primary <HIT ENTER>
- Type: format fs=fat32 <HIT ENTER> (This might take a few minutes)
- Type: assign <HIT ENTER>
On Mac OS
- Open Disk Utility
- First, you must go to View > Show All Devices. Otherwise you will not see the correct partition.
- In the left pane under “External” chose the top entry for the microSD card. Right click on it > Erase…
- Choose Format: “MS-DOS (FAT)” and Scheme: “Master Boot Record” and click “Erase”. If you do not have the Scheme dropdown, go back to step 2 und make sure to chose the top entry in step 3).
Step 1b: Copy Files
- Download the Recovery Files for DMI-KLANG here.
- Copy the Files from 01 COPY THIS TO microSD onto the SD card.
- Unmount SD card.
Step 2: KLANG ZYNQ module programming
- Set Jumper LK4 (below Fan, can be set with tweezers from the right side below the engraved G) on KLANG module to the programming position so it bridges the two contacts closest to R94
- Insert microSD card.
- Insert DMI-KLANG into any DMI slot -> Switch power on.
- Status LED will turn BLUE:booting immediately and then ORANGE:programming.
- Wait until LED turns GREEN:done. This may take up to 15 minutes.
Step 3: Set Jumper back
- Remove DMI-KLANG from slot
- Change Jumper LK4 to its FINAL POSITION as follows:
- (Mount Fan, in case it was unmounted before)
- Insert DMI-KLANG to DMI slot and power on.
- The LED switches to BLUE:booting and later to Status LED turns to PURPLE:ready.
– DONE –