Update DDM ready Dante Firmware on KLANG Devices
All KLANG products with built-in Dante interface can be updated over network from a computer running Audinate’s Dante Firmware Update Manager (Windows and Mac OS X). Audinate offers a detailed description on the update tool. But we have summarized the basic procedure in the following.
Please note that Dante Firmware Update only affects the Dante functionality and that the KLANG Operating System (KOS) requires an independent update which is described here.
KLANG Dante Firmware is Dante Domain Manager (DDM) ready from version 1.2.0 on.
What you need:
- PC or Mac
- KLANG:quelle, KLANG:fabrik or KLANG:vier
- Network cable
Step 1: Download & Install the Software
Please download the latest Dante Firmware Update Manager for Windows or Mac OS X and install on your system.
You may need to set up an account with Audinate. You may need administrator priviledges for your computer.
Step 2: Download Dante Firmware Files
(DDM ready, AES67 support, manual specification of IP addresses, device lock). This is a combined version including Dante Software update.
(DDM ready, AES67 support, Optical input routing added, manual specification of IP addresses, multicast filter settings, device lock, Engineer CUE mode).
(DDM ready, 88.2/96k support, AES67 support, manual specification of IP addresses, multicast filter setting, device lock).
Step 3: Choose Network Interface
- Open the Dante Firmware Update Manager.
- Enter your adminstator password if required, and choose your network interface.
- Click on Next.
Step 4: Choose Update Firmware Mode
Click on Update Dante Firmware.
Step 5: Select Dante Firmware File
- Click on Browse…
- Select your Dante Firmware file for your KLANG product.
- Option Override Device Matching.
- Normally you do NOT have to override Device Matchings.
- In case, you can not find any KLANG devices in the following steps, please go back and set the checkbox for Override Device Matching once. (This has to be done once, if you are updating from an older version where Klang was not written in capital letters. Updating to 1.1.x.x from 1.0.x.x requires to check this option once.)
- Click on Next. (If you had to choose Override device matching click also on ‘Yes’)
Step 6: Choose Dante Device for Update
- Check the box to select your KLANG product’s Dante module to be updated.
- Click on Start.
The KLANG specific firmware on the Dante module is usually uploaded in a few seconds. If the Dante software on the module is going to be updated, e.g. to support AES67 functionality, this may require a few minutes.
Step 7: Reboot Device
After the Firmware Update Manager is finished with the update it shows a dialog. Please power off your KLANG device and turn it on again to ensure the latest/current firmware is loaded correctly. You can monitor the Firmware version in the Dante Controller. Please check the information carefully, it might be good practice to save screenshots for future references.
Your update is now finished.
Read more on how to use and benefit from the different Switch Configuration Modes for KLANG:fabrik and KLANG:vier.
How to connect Dante devices and route audio stream between them.
Learn more about the AES67 functionality of your KLANG products.
KLANG:quelle Quick Start Guide.
Update your KLANG Operating System (KOS)
We hope this tutorial helped you. If you have any remarks or if you are missing a topic please let our support team know, we are happy to receive your feedback — contact@KLANG.com
Your KLANG support team.